A sad day for Salvia Divinorum lovers

• Auteur de la discussion Auteur de la discussion chafu
  • Date de début Date de début
silv a dit:
Land of the Free and home of the brave.
The American Dream: Because you have to be asleep to believe it!

(Silv's post reminded me of George Carlin ^^)

But eeeeeeh, isn't there some tests drugs have to go through to ban them?
It seems that governments around the world are finding more easy ways to ban stuff, without actually having good reasons

Space-is-the-Place a dit:
silv a dit:
Land of the Free and home of the brave.
The American Dream: Because you have to be asleep to believe it!

(Silv's post reminded me of George Carlin ^^)

It seems that governments around the world are finding more easy ways to ban stuff, without actually having good reasons

George Carlin wins.

It seems nowadays you don't need good reasons for anything anymore. Or: as long as you can make it sound reasonable to a large majority of people (religious believers and simpleminded TV-viewers) who will vote for you, you can get away with practically anything. And we call this democracy.

We MUST do something about the large majorities, especially their beliefs.

^It's been like this since the beginning of history.

But I don't think that changing the opinions of the masses is gonna change anything, because then it is just you pushing your opinion on others and doing the same thing that you dislike in the government with which you don't agree. Democracy itself should change from something monolithic to a pluralist society where multiple versions of 'the good' can live peacefully side by side. This is possible and can be done by collective action (even some small collective). Organize, make your voice heard, don't try to convince anybody and do whatever the fuck you think is good. Sooner or later the rest of society will need to accept it.

Retour