Alcohol+XTC better than Cannabis+XTC

• Auteur de la discussion Auteur de la discussion Nathaniel
  • Date de début Date de début
great mescaline .
can you find all "interactions" like this for all compounds ?
i'm looking serious texts about clonidine/methylphenidate and deprenyl(selegiline/MPH)

- sorry just for personaly informations about my medication.not lot of in french (in MP maybe ? sorry , i dont know)

sorry if innapropriate reply i dont understand well english topics
:oops:

VerusDeus a dit:
The article should say: If you're on MDMA drinking a few beers may help prevent Hypnatremia. If you're on MDMA smoking some joints will increase heart rate and body temperature even more than on MDMA alone, so it might be dangerous to combine these two.

errr, isn't that what the artile says??

except off course, that the assumptions that are stated in the scientific article are taken as a fact in the newsarticle...

Well in a way they claim the same yeah, but in my opinion they oversimplify it. For example the neglect the fact that overall it might not be to healthy to drink while on MDMA because of other complications(which is overlooked in all the articles, including the scientific). And that it is oh-so 'dangerous' to combine with Cannabis seems like an exagerration to me.

But you should know I was talking about the press coverage in the Netherlands on the more mainstream media sites. The scientific articles are objective enough to my taste.

Oh and the part you quoted about the Cannabis and MDMA MIGHT be more dangerous. However I don't think this really counts for people who have a reasnably functioning heart(though this is my interpretation, heavily biased by my own experiences). But a lot of Tea flavors increase heart-rate as well, so it would be the same for combining the drinking of certain teas and MDMA.(and so do loads of other products like energy drinks) But I don't think this really poses a threat, because it is really only dangerous for people with heart conditions(and they shouldn't be taking MDMA at all). But I ain't no scientist so maybe I am quite wrong here :oops: .

yeah this is stupid. :? "better" is not an relevant description of events occurring in the body. now i can't read dutch, but from all that i can infer, they went into virtually NO depth explaining the vastly complex processes and interactions occurring here, correct? and even if they tried to, they'd get nowhere except maybe a scratch on the surface, considering we really know nothing about the brain. all they will do is speculate.

ive got a little speculation:

"Research has now shown that a few drinks combined with an Ecstasy tablet is better than just swallowing a pill."
-better in what aspects? im sure there are pro's and cons.. no explanation...

"Using cannabis and a pill is not a healthy idea, says Glenn Dumont biomedicus of the Radboud University in Nijmegen."
-what is a "healthy idea"?

Dumont is awarded a PhD next week on his research into the effects of drink or drugs on the use of Ecstasy.
-i didn't know that a phd was an award...

A few glasses of drinks mitigate that effect, which is better for health. Cannabis increases these side affects and that is dangerous.
-this is so objective im not even gonna talk about it. we haven't even established that mdma is "bad" for you. :evil:

adrianhaffner a dit:
-this is so objective im not even gonna talk about it. we haven't even established that mdma is "bad" for you. :evil:

U'll have to be fair in this one,
it can't be really healthy when a whole reservoir of serotonin, which normally would last for weeks, is been released in 4 hours... ;)

adrianhaffner a dit:
we haven't even established that mdma is "bad" for you. :evil:

And I have established that MDMA is good for you if you use it correctly, get it pure and are physically and mentally healthy.

If one of those conditions is not present, then it MIGHT be bad for you...

Dr_Oogie a dit:
great mescaline .
i'm looking serious texts about clonidine/methylphenidate and deprenyl(selegiline/MPH)

well I wasn't specifically looking for the interactions of those compounds. I was looking for the official reports that the newsarticle based it's conclusion on (xtc+alcohol 'better'/healthier than xtc+cannabis), which btw is total nonsense. If I would be that journalist my conclusion, only using those three articles as my source, would be something like: MDMA attenuates alcohol's effects on psychomotor reaction (+). Alcohol attenuates MDMA's effect on the ADH-hormone (+). Cannabis raises the heartrate, but poses no known threat (+/-). Cannabis slightly attenuates mdma's effect on body-temperature (+). ---> Cannabis+MDMA = OK --- Alcohol+MDMA = OK --- Nothing can be said about one combination being better than the other. Concluding that is just ludicrous. They're not being compared anywhere in the reports..

Anyway, to get back to your question, Oogie.. :P
I looked around a bit and found some reports, I guess you might find interesting. I'll send you a pm with the articles attached :D

Mescaline a dit:
Dr_Oogie a dit:
great mescaline .

well I wasn't specifically looking for the interactions of those compounds. I was looking for the official reports that the newsarticle based it's conclusion on (xtc+alcohol 'better'/healthier than xtc+cannabis), which btw is total nonsense. If I would be that journalist my conclusion, only using those three articles as my source, would be something like: MDMA attenuates alcohol's effects on psychomotor reaction (+). Alcohol attenuates MDMA's effect on the ADH-hormone (+). Cannabis raises the heartrate, but poses no known threat (+/-). Cannabis slightly attenuates mdma's effect on body-temperature (+). ---> Cannabis+MDMA = OK --- Alcohol+MDMA = OK --- Nothing can be said about one combination being better than the other. Concluding that is just ludicrous. They're not being compared anywhere in the reports..

this is closer to the proper line of thinking, i believe.. and shamanita, i think you pose a good stance, i too would like to know more about mdma's more specific, lasting effects. but i still stand by the core of what my message meant, "better" means nothing to me, other than a sense of irritation that it was used in such a context

.....?

Alcohol CRASHES a roll, which is why whiskey (and coffee) is good to have around in case you need to be sober. One strong irish coffee and 30 minutes later you're levelling off. One exception: The 1/2 glass Champagne toast at the very beginning :) Someone I know who had never been able to kick a roll before (guessing his system was just not metabolizing things right) did it this way and had a nice experience. He reasoned the acids in the dry champagne had something to do with it, possibly also the slight relaxing effect. So a BIT of alcohol can be good.

Also, drinking weak electrolyte drinks (NOT ENERGY DRINKS) is better than water, in any case where you are concerned about hydration.

Someone else I know has not had good experience with cannabis and MDMA.. it makes him completely zombified.

Retour