The real LSD story

• Auteur de la discussion Auteur de la discussion GOD
  • Date de début Date de début

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
There is a new book out telling the real story about LSD .

"Albion Dreaming: A popular history of LSD in Britain

The book is fully referenced, indexed and has 30 photographs, the majority of which you won't have seen before.

Chapter details with very brief details of content as follows

1. Turn on, Tune in, Drop Out

Introduction to the book

2. Hofmann's Potion

Hofmann's discovery and the history of LSD worldwide up to 1952

3. LSD: The Cure of Souls?

The coming of LSD to Britain in late 1952. Development of LSD psychotherapy at Powick and elsewhere. Unusual government

connections with LSD psychotherapy unit at Powick. Interview with Dr R Sandison etc.

4. LSD: A Cure for the Common Cold

LSD experiments by the SIS (MI6) in the early 1950s. Continued experiments by the Ministry of Defence in the 1960s.

5. The Joyous Cosmology

Intellectual precursors of the LSD generation focusing on British ex-pats: Huxley, Heard as well as Solomon, Leary and co

6. The Foggy Ruins of Time

Early recreational use of LSD in Britain 1959-late 1965: Trocchi, Hollingshead, the London Psychedelic Centre etc

7. Strangely Strange, but Oddly Normal

LSD in Britain in 1966. Early users and trials. John Esam. LSD in development of London's counterculture. London Life's

exposure of Hollingshead's activities. Terry Taylor and the Notting Hill LSD cult and much more.

8. Senses Working Overtime

LSD in Britain in 1967. Pop stars and LSD use. 101 Cromwell Road. BBC and LSD lyrics. The first LSD chemist and manufacturing

and distribution network in Britain.

9. All You Need is Love?

LSD in Britain 1968-73

Trial of first LSD chemist. Tim Leary in Britain. LSD and spirituality in Britain. More on early LSD chemists. Hollingshead

and the Isle of Cumbrae commune. Early sightings of Operation Julie participants.

10. Bring What You Expect to Find

LSD and free festivals. How free festivals were motivated by LSD. Glastonbury Fayre 1971 and LSD. Watchfield, Windsor, Wally

Hope, Bill Dwyer, Sid Rawle etc

11. The Mind Alchemists

Operation Julie. This chapter analyses the Operation Julie LSD manufacturing and distribution ring. Contains recent

information given by one of the main participants.

12. Coming Down Again

LSD in the 80s and 90s. The rise of rave culture and ecstasy

13. Revolution in the Head

LSD and the future. Drug laws. Casey Hardison's 2004 lab bust. Hofmann's death etc

The research has been based on interviews with people such as Dr Ronnie Sandison, some of the military personnel who had LSD tested on them, Hoppy Hopkins, Dave Tomlin, Penny Mellor, Andrew Kerr, Nigel-Lesmoir-Gordon, Sid Rawle, An Operation Julie participant and many others who were involved with LSD in official and recreational capacities between 1952 and 2007. I have also had access to hitherto unseen government files on Tim Leary, David Solomon, Operation Julie and many other areas of LSD culture."

You can find out mopre here .

www.lsdbritain.com

I went to windsor several times , and i went to watchfield and Glastonbury Fayre from 1972 on . I met Sid Rawle , Hoppy Hopkins and Bill Dwyer , and i had Julie acid , the best acid thats ever been on the streets . So this is pure pleasure and nostalgia for me .

Sounds interesting. Thanks for the heads up!

so where's the pdf??

I'm kidding :)

I'll read it when it gets near me...

Retour