Psilocybin: a study of reports of audible voice

• Auteur de la discussion Auteur de la discussion Gurukreff
  • Date de début Date de début

Gurukreff

Neurotransmetteur
[Found this very interesting study, hope you find it useful!]

There are reports that psilocybin mushrooms can engender a dialogue between the one who ingests them and a voice of unknown origin. The objective of the present study was to search for such reports, to look for differences between those who reported having heard a voice with psilocybin use and those who had not, and to characterize the voice. An anonymous questionnaire was distributed among the members of several organizations resulting in a sample of 128 participants. The phenomenon of a perceived voice during psilocybin mushroom use was reported in better than a third of participants.

Overall, the results of this study suggest that what made the difference between hearing a voice or not with psilocybin was more about what people did, than who they were. Can it be said that there are boundaries to the human psyche? Psilocybin voice experiences force us to confront our notions of a personal self and a universal Self.

Full Article here

terrence mckenna would have loved this article...

facinating, thanks for that

Very interesting! I wonder if I'll get to hear those voices when I try higher doses :P

Very interesting! I wonder if I'll get to hear those voices when I try higher doses Razz

I too, hope one day I encounter the LOGOS.

Does anyone here has any interesting experiences with the LOGOS?

I'd like to learn more about this, very interesting phenomenon! Over a third is quite a lot too:O

I've never had it though :cry:

Peace.

I once had an experience that, to tell the truth, it didn't involve voices, but it was somewhere close to that.

I took a massive dose of shrooms with a very good friend of mine and our girlfriends (they took less). Things started to get somewhat difficult and confusing about 1 hour after consuming, it was overwhelming, so i sat down with my back leaning on a tree and i started to see things.

At first there was a lot of sea life flowing in front of me: squid like creatures, medusas, algae, sea stars, etc. They appeared like attached to a sphere of about 1 mt of radius rotating slowly 1 mt in front of me, open eyed.

This turned into ghosts, ghosts of indian people, children, women, men... All of them, but they seemed like a family or tribe, they were coming near me and sitting arround like i a fire in a cold night, but i realized that they were trying to comunicate with me onde they "noticed my presence", the only thing that i understood was that they wanted me to go to where they were... I didn't move... Some of them got angry and tried to devour me, but i stayed calm and nothing happened.

Someone has had a similar experience?

PD: I was in a really nice place near Santiago (Chile), at the foot of the cordillera, where it was highly probable that indigenous people has lived in the past. spooky! :shock:

Retour