Peruvian Torch and San Pedro, how do they compare?

• Auteur de la discussion Auteur de la discussion Brugmansia
  • Date de début Date de début

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
And what's the difference in their effects. Do you believe one of the two is more potent? Let me know here what you know through your own experience.

I don't think that's easy to say, every species contains subspecies, and even they contain individual differences in alkaloid contains. But the main alkaloid remains mescaline and others ranging only from 1-10%, I know one of them makes you very sleepy. I think differences are only very subtile if they are there. The facts seems to show that they both have potencies in the same range but it seems peruvian is easier to grow.

Another interesting cactus is the Trichocereus bridgesii, I didn't read a lot a bout even from Goran but this also seems to be a very potent cactus.

I've recently had a very succesful experience with a mere 12,5 grams of peruvian torch, as well as a friend of mine(same dose), while my previous experience with san pedro in about the same dosage was way less succesful. I also enjoyed the peruvian torch experience much more than the san pedro experience, however it's all relative to dosage and quality of the cactii.

I know. And I'm aware of the Erowid statement.

However, many subjective inputs claim peruvian torch is generally more potent. That, or at least gives an experience which represents mescaline more. I think about drying 60 cm fresh peruvian torch material, then consuming it in a very appropriate setting to enter the inner perspective.

i find the best cactus you can get is peruvian torch (after it has matured and has been grown in harsh climate). the peruvian torch is harder to grow, because it grows slower then a san pedro (unless you have Juules Giant, or KK242). the peruvian torch has bigger spikes so its harder to prep for eating, while san pedro is really easy to prep. i think it mostly depends on where the cactus is grown more then anything. i received some san pedro "incense" from peru, and it was by far way more potent then any peruvian torch iv had. but im pretty sure if i were to get peruvian torch insence from the same place, it would be more potent.

"Another interesting cactus is the Trichocereus bridgesii, I didn't read a lot a bout even from Goran but this also seems to be a very potent cactus."

Trichocereus Bridgesii is not a potent cactus at all, its actually one of the least potent of the trichocereus species. it grows large very quickly, but id stick with pedro or peruvian, even peyote:) unless of course your just growing them because they look cool.

"Trichocereus Bridgesii is not a potent cactus at all"

I wonder where this conclusion is based on cause I've read statements on two other forums that have a lot of cacti experts and also share a lot more info both on (sub)species and it's growing as on extractions.

this is based off of SWIM's personal experience with the plant. if you can find actual proof that that species is sumwhat potent, and is actually that species, then SWIM may give it another shot. but so far all that SWIM has found is that pedro/peruvian are the only cacti worth consuming. SWIM has eaten over 12" of a log cutting of bridgesii and felt almost no effects.

Retour