Medical miracles from Europe: THC kills Glioma cancer cells

• Auteur de la discussion Auteur de la discussion HeartCore
  • Date de début Date de début

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
....................(cut)........In fact, the first experiment documenting pot's anti-tumor effects took place in 1974 at the Medical College of Virginia at the behest of the U.S. government. The results of that study, reported in an Aug. 18, 1974, Washington Post newspaper feature, were that marijuana's psychoactive component, THC, "slowed the growth of lung cancers, breast cancers and a virus-induced leukemia in laboratory mice, and prolonged their lives by as much as 36 percent."

Despite these favorable preliminary findings, U.S. government officials banished the study and refused to fund any follow-up research(<<-- sounds like fascisme to me) until conducting a similar -- though secret -- clinical trial in the mid-1990s. That study, conducted by the U.S. National Toxicology Program to the tune of $2 million, concluded that mice and rats administered high doses of THC over long periods had greater protection against malignant tumors than untreated controls.

Read the rest in this article on Alternet:

http://www.alternet.org/drugreporter/86256/

More info:
http://www.norml.org//index.cfm?Group_ID=7008
Great youtube summarization:

Discussion:

Isn't it time we 'all' start to really protest and get this retarded politics behind us? What needs to happen to us, before we take a stand and reclaim our rights?

I think most people are thinking "oh.. someone will protest, or someone or somehow will turn the table around and fight for my rights". Or people are busy with their lifes, and have no time or energy to stand up. Or there are even people that don't care.

I live in a very small country, that is just a little puppet. I don't think I can do much here that it isn't already being done in other major countrys.
I rather wait and see what comes out of this funny (yet completly stupid) 'movie'.

Typical case of: "Doesn't fit my political agenda so fuck the health of our society, I need my votes!"

Makes me sad, and angry ;(

Holding information is wrong...although the article doesn't say that THC kills cancer, it only holds it back...

restin a dit:
Holding information is wrong...although the article doesn't say that THC kills cancer, it only holds it back...

Wel that's relative of course. If you are 65 years old and cannabis can hold your cancer for another 20 years.

Some medical experts say smoking ALWAYS causes lung cancer, the 'problem' is most smokers die from something else, before the cancer manifests.

If you are 65 years old and cannabis can hold your cancer for another 20 years.

I totally agree. It was just some kind of vocab correction :wink:

Fight in as many good fights as you can, contribute where you seem room to contribute, the openings are everywhere.
We are the ones we've been waiting for, and the time will come.
http://www.project-sunspot.com for one, world psychedelic support statistic,
Add your vote, we all have a part to play!

Retour