Marijuana Could Help Colon Cancer Patients

• Auteur de la discussion Auteur de la discussion GOD
  • Date de début Date de début

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Marijuana Could Help Colon Cancer Patients - Study finds link between CB1 receptor and cancer cell growth

Cannabinoid compounds could fight off cancer

According to a new study involving colon cancer, the development of the tumors could be stopped and even reversed with the help of a chemical usually found in marijuana, although the drug itself would need some additional chemical compounds in order to work. The discovery was made by researchers of the University of Texas, Houston, who found that in most human colon cancer cells the protein receptor for cannabinoids is turned off.

In the absence of this receptor, another protein, known as survivin, starts to grow in concentration, helping the cancer cells stay alive and allowing the tumor to grow uncontrollably. In order to show how the cannabinoid receptor influences the growth of the tumors, Raymond DuBois created an experiment in which mice were genetically altered to spontaneously develop colon cancers.

"When we knocked out the receptor, the number of tumors went up dramatically," says DuBois. However, when the mice having the cannabinoid receptor CB1, were given chemical compounds extracted from marijuana, the tumor reacted by reducing its size.

The results indicate that colon cancers as well as cancers that have their growth regulated by this receptor could be treated simply by turning on the CB1 receptor, only to be later activated with certain artificial cannabinoid compounds. The part related to the chemicals mimicking marijuana and switching the CB1 receptor back on is mostly solved, although it is not quite known if indeed in humans the cannabinoid compound would activate the receptor.

So far, the researchers know that the receptor could be blocked through a process known as methylation, at least in the case of human colon cancer cells. This is achieved through the alteration of the DNA code with the help of a small group of chemical compounds that can be removed by making use of a demethylating drug known as decitibine.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Marijuan ... 1329.shtml

There is so much new about Marijuana being a possible cure for multiple diseases. I am glad to see research being done!

PEACE & LOVE

i cant wait to see what else it can do for you. my old co-worker well call him G, hes been smoking weed for over 40+ years. when he went to the doctors, they told him hes as healthy as a 20 year old... hes 55. so if weed isn't harmful... then maybe its actually good for you! i think they should legalize it, and put more study into it.

i think they should legalize it, and put more study into it.

I think over half the population wants that! I thought the government represented the people.... :(

PEACE & LOVE

bad luck smoking a spliff doesn´t cure the cancer :D

I read the drug-laws of Switzerland and it nearly made me cry from happiness (inspite,of course,the fact that marijuana is still illegal...) because it supports research and medical use of "drugs"...

" it supports research and medical use of "drugs""

Probably because big chemical companys have so much to say there and pay so much taxes .

Maybe but I´m not sure. Because it isn´t the government that sets the laws but the folks that vote for them...I´m not sure if you have a point, I didn´t think about that by now.

But isnt it the government , whos owned by big money , that decides what can be voted for ? If switzerland was a democracy dope would be legal now , or ???

I havent got any identity papers , i was thinking of getting some from the red cross in Genf . Would that mean that i was swiss = i can soon smoke dope legaly ????

You can make a referendum if you´ve got X signatures (dunno what X is though but not that high) so a law will be pulled off (dunno what to call that).

A lot of Swiss people are quite conservative...it is mostly the youth that will vote for a legalization.

Also there is a pressure from international organizations. I´ve read a very interesting article about the illegalization of cannabis in Switzerland (Do you understand German? I can post the link if you like) where it is written that Switzerland didn´t want to forbid cannabis but the UN forced them to.

Oui ! Je parle allemand .

Thanks . Looks interesting . I shall look at it in detail later . I allready know the anslinger bit so i wont read that though .

I'm thinking of just printing all these articles about MJ and making a little book so when someone doubts the undeniable divine nature of it I can just laugh in their faces and give them a copy of it. Then I could get away with saying that smoking is my sacrament and joints are my hosts.

I allready know the anslinger bit so i wont read that though .

there´s quite a lot about him. Is that true?

I'm thinking of just printing all these articles about MJ and making a little book so when someone doubts the undeniable divine nature of it I can just laugh in their faces and give them a copy of it.

Good idea. You don´t speak german,do you?

???????? a dit:
I'm thinking of just printing all these articles about MJ and making a little book so when someone doubts the undeniable divine nature of it I can just laugh in their faces and give them a copy of it. Then I could get away with saying that smoking is my sacrament and joints are my hosts.

THE BEST IDEA I HAVE READ TODAY!!!! NO JOKE!!!!!!

peace :weedman:

I'm thinking of just printing all these articles about MJ and making a little book so when someone doubts the undeniable divine nature of it I can just laugh in their faces and give them a copy of it.
I did that with my mom when I wanted to tell her I smoked pot. I printed out all the proof against her claims that Marijuana is bad, gave it to her, and said if she had further questions to come talk to me. She never came back...although we have had discussions about my use.

PEACE & LOVE

I did that with my mom when I wanted to tell her I smoked pot. I printed out all the proof against her claims that Marijuana is bad, gave it to her, and said if she had further questions to come talk to me. She never came back...although we have had discussions about my use.

great idea but I think mine is to conservative to agree on that. For some people drugs are just bad. full stop. as my aunt said "people only take drugs for the kick". well,yeah.

Retour