LSD and Other Psychedelic Medicines Make a Comeback

• Auteur de la discussion Auteur de la discussion GOD
  • Date de début Date de début

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Emerging from the Drug War Dark Age: LSD and Other Psychedelic Medicines Make a Comeback

After a 40-year moratorium, credible research for treating illnesses and addictions with psychedelic compounds has made a miraculous comeback.

http://www.alternet.org/healthwellness/ ... age=entire

Thanks for the article GOD! Sad that only one American, Rick Doblin, attended Albert Hoffman's funeral. I see times changing too. Soon, maybe Western society will change it's views on these extraordinary substances.

PEACE & LOVE

Good to see more people seem to wake up!

Who knows, maybe there is really gonna happen something in 2012, and that is, the end of psychedelic prohibition! :D

But I hope it happens even sooner :P

I think its more likely that when 2012 comes all esoteric book shops will be closed and esoteric loonys sent to a psychiatrist .

If doctors could legally write out prescriptions for LSD or Psilocybin it would have a major positive impact. I think these psychedelics could be a permanent replacement for unreliable and ineffective drugs used to treat psychological issues like depression, anxiety, addiction, anger and so on...

High Dreamer25 ,

Welcome to the forum .

dreamer25 a dit:
If doctors could legally write out prescriptions for LSD or Psilocybin it would have a major positive impact. I think these psychedelics could be a permanent replacement for unreliable and ineffective drugs used to treat psychological issues like depression, anxiety, addiction, anger and so on...

I don't know about writing out prescriptions for LSD and Psilocybin...
Imagine a very depressive person going to a doctor and getting a psychedelic to help her.

They should use these tools in a therapeutic setting if you want to treat psychological issues as depression and anxiety. I believe it can help those people without a therapist but there are too many risks if they just got a prescription. I don't think you really need a therapist all the time, just someone who is there to help people when needed. Not a real therapist, but just someone who they can trust on.

Maybe collective therapeutic tripsessions would be a nice idea!

GOD a dit:
High Dreamer25 ,

Welcome to the forum .

thanks! :D

Icelus a dit:
I believe it can help those people without a therapist but there are too many risks if they just got a prescription. I don't think you really need a therapist all the time, just someone who is there to help people when needed. Not a real therapist, but just someone who they can trust on.

Maybe collective therapeutic tripsessions would be a nice idea!

Yeah, I think your right about that. Maybe a system where the first treatment would take place under supervision, then followed by whatever number of treatments needed to assure the therapist that the person can be responible for his/herself. Then some kind of regimented dosing schedule of no more then ten or so doses per year...

I also think it's critical for the therapist to have some kind of degree for specializing in the particular substance with personal documented experiences...

I guess in a perfect world nothing could be forbidden from anyone, but I think these are the kind of steps we have to take to reach that point...

Well I think doctors giving prescriptions for psychedelics would be such a bad idea, but of course with the prescription should come lots of advices. Although in therapeutic contexts I think it would be more effective to have a real therapist.

Doctors don't give prescriptions for powerful opiates simply because you have a bad bruise, or antidepressants because you feel a bit down; the same logic would apply, were psychedelics ever legally prescribed. They would have to be really necessary to the well-being of the patient.

I think that a professional psychedelic therapist could direct the "healing sessions" at home, with another familiar person nearby. The whole thing would even be free in Canada (and most of Europe, if I'm not mistaken)... Hoffman's dream come true?

Retour