Italian Court decides rastafaris can toke freely

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Here's one for the database. :wink:

Rasta smoker wins appeal against conviction in marijuana case in Italy

ROME - If you're a Rastafarian in Italy, you might be able to possess more marijuana than the law allows everyone else.

Italy's highest criminal court has ruled that the fact Rastafarians consider marijuana use a religious sacrament should be taken into account if they are tried on trafficking charges.

Smoking pot in Italy is not a crime, but being caught with amounts considered too large for personal use can bring charges of trafficking.

The court threw out the drug trafficking conviction of a 44-year-old Italian Rastafarian. It ruled the amount he possessed was in line with the heavy use that comes with his religious beliefs.

Police had found the man with several grams of marijuana, enough to make around 70 cigarettes, which he claimed were all for personal use.

The Italian Health Ministry described the ruling as "disturbing."

"These rulings represent an element of destabilization for the pillars of secularism," Undersecretary Francesca Martini said in a statement.

Right-wing lawmaker Maurizio Gasparri also criticized the ruling, saying the Rastafari religion is more of a fashion trend in Italy.

"Someone stop the judges who live outside of reality," he was quoted as saying by the Apcom news agency.

Source: Rasta smoker wins appeal[/url]

Yessss!!!!! and one more step in the légalisation of entho plants!

Belive in the psychédélic cult! We are like animist;)

Wow, very nice news :)

I just saw a report about magic mushrooms on CNN

But maybe that's worth another news item!

Are dreadlocks and calling yourself a rastafarian enough to be noticed as a rastafarian? I mean, who is going to decide if you are a rastafarian or not? :)
Now the rastafarian rates in Italy will possibly double!

Are dreadlocks and calling yourself a rastafarian enough to be noticed as a rastafarian? I mean, who is going to decide if you are a rastafarian or not? Smile
Now the rastafarian rates in Italy will possibly double!

Of course dreads mean nothing, but if you wanting to convince the cops over there, it would be a great plan to let those dreads grow.

I already see thousands of dreadlocked people with my eyes closed :P

Retour