Interview with Hunter S. Thompson

• Auteur de la discussion Auteur de la discussion Guest
  • Date de début Date de début
G

Hunter S. Thompson on Richard Nixon and More

Living proof that the writer of Fear 'n Loathing (and others) was not a complete nutcase, but still very very strange :D
Ofcourse as a psychonaut YOU NEED TO SEE THIS! :mrgreen:

And come on, be hounest, they couldn't have picked a better person then Johnny Depp to play him :D

The BBC has recorded this interview and made a (or serveral) documentary(ies) on Hunter S Thompson. Also concerning the time at which Johny Depp was staying over at Thompsons, to learn his mimic.

For those who have seen Fear 'n Loathing in Las Vegas; when Raoul Duke sees himself in the club "The Matrix" (where Jefferson Airplane is performancing) in a flashback, this 'himself' sitting there is actually (played by) Hunter himself.

I especially enjoyed learning how he drinks his whiskey.

Siq a dit:
The BBC has recorded this interview and made a (or serveral) documentary(ies) on Hunter S Thompson. Also concerning the time at which Johny Depp was staying over at Thompsons, to learn his mimic.

I know and damn how he did a great job :D

As for the part in the movie I also know, really cool, but only for the people who have a great eye

When Thompson died, he was cremated. A month or so later, a gigantic canon, 30 feet tall or more in the shape of a fist, was built to shoot his ashes out of.

A small brewery over here called Flying Dog raised money to build the cannon buy brewing a delicious beer that they called Gonzo Imperial Porter and selling it all over the country. Oh my god is it delicious, and it's 10% alcohol. I still have an unopened bottle on my wine rack. The label was also designed by Thompson's good friend (and one of my favorite artists) Ralph Steadman.

FYI

Retour