Cannabis pill on horizon

• Auteur de la discussion Auteur de la discussion Dr. Leospace
  • Date de début Date de début

Dr. Leospace

Alpiniste Kundalini
Cannabis pill on horizon
Reuters
Published: Thursday, January 24, 2008

Drug company Echo Pharmaceuticals expects to sell the world's first cannabis pill within five years, targeting a $5.85-billion global market, its chief executive said.

The privately held Dutch company faces competition from Canada's Cannasat, which is also developing a pill. In 2005, Canada became the first country in the world to approve a cannabis-based spray produced by Britain's GW Pharmaceuticals Plc as a treatment for multiple sclerosis patients.

U.S. regulators granted approval for a clinical trial for GW's under-the-tongue spray called Sativex, but the company said in July that European regulators had requested a further clinical study before approval. Dutch drug company Echo Pharmaceuticals claims they will have a marketable cannabis pill in five years.

Echo said it will start clinical studies and trials of its pill, to be marketed as Namisol, in the first half of 2008.

"The global cannabis-based drugs market could be worth ($6 billion)," Echo Pharmaceuticals chief executive Geert Woerlee told Reuters in an interview Wednesday. "As an early adopter, we could get 20 to 30 per cent market share."

He said studies showed that cannabis-based drugs may be effective for afflictions such as Parkinson's, MS and migraine and could also help patients with Alzheimer's.

The Netherlands has tolerated the sale of cannabis in coffee shops for decades and in 2003 became the world's first country to make it available as a prescription drug in pharmacies to treat chronic pain, nausea and loss of appetite in cancer, HIV and multiple sclerosis patients.

Source: http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/new ... 1d6e0f4222

Interesting.. I'm happy if this helps millions of sufferers... of course this stuff is probably going to be chemically altered somehow so that it won't be so psychoactive..

At the same time would this mean an end to medical marijuana? Now we can ban MJ like a hard drug so pharmaceutical companies can rake in the profits off their specialized potions?

We'll see...

It's a good thing that they start to use hemp a bit more...

Although the farmaceutic market is corrupt, this is good news for the people who suffer diseases that cannabis is the best cure for.

you can't take the plant form earth and smoke it, it's dangerous! but you can buy pills made by us! because we care about you! and you see, this way we made it all safe so you don't have to worry about a thing. We are not in it for the money.

Meduzz a dit:
We'll see...

It's a good thing that they start to use hemp a bit more...

Although the farmaceutic market is corrupt, this is good news for the people who suffer diseases that cannabis is the best cure for.
the best news for those people would be that they were allowed to grow their own hemp for their uses, so that they don't have to buy immensly expensive pharmaceuticals.

???????? a dit:
you can't take the plant form earth and smoke it, it's dangerous! but you can buy pills made by us! because we care about you! and you see, this way we made it all safe so you don't have to worry about a thing. We are not in it for the money.

:D

This sounds good for people who are against drugs.

Forkbender a dit:
???????? a dit:

:D

This sounds good for people who are against drugs.

HAHAHAHAHA, LOL!!!
I nearly pissed my pants!! Thanks Fork, you're awesome :mrgreen::thumbsup:

Just thinking about a positive benefit..

If legitimate cannabis pain-relieving pills flood the market.. suddenly piss tests could become pretty much useless..

:lol:

I prefer my own ingestible cannabis pill. a bit of bud fried in butter, bit of cheese.. yummy!

st.bot.32 a dit:
Just thinking about a positive benefit..

If legitimate cannabis pain-relieving pills flood the market.. suddenly piss tests could become pretty much useless..

:lol:

I prefer my own ingestible cannabis pill. a bit of bud fried in butter, bit of cheese.. yummy!
hihi that'd be awesome, if everyone had traces of cannbis in their piss/blood!
Good for people in the US etc.

Global perscription, everybody needs to take these :mrgreen:

I think it's good that these pills can do their job for people, but that's besides the point that it's stupid to ban cannabis in the first place.

Retour