Canada cannabis industry boom

• Auteur de la discussion Auteur de la discussion GOD
  • Date de début Date de début

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Canada's booming cannabis industry ranks alongside tourism and forestry as a money earner and employer but the illegal trade has angered its US neighbour. Canadas cannabis trade is worth 7,000,000,000 $ a year . Canada has a Marijuana Party, allows pot to be smoked in public and barely punishes people who are caught growing it.

See the full report here :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7556094.stm

I seriously love the Canadian culture and the down to earth people. Well, as far as I can look from here since I have never been there yet.

And this just doesn't go for just their thoughts on drugs but also for the very down to earth mentality and the loyalty to a clean, peaceful, and high-quality society.

All Canadians I know on the net seem very sincere and modest to me. Much less raw than Americans and more rational thinking. I estimate this helps a lot to deal with psychoactives without getting out of control in several ways.

It's true, the whole set up of the American society leaves much space less space for drugs than in Can. Hence the US teenagers who are attempting to act as an hero on every psychoactive they can get on their hands.

Also Mexico has a long culture with psychoactives so they seem to deal with their drugs very open as well. http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old ... xico.shtml The states are in a sandwich by both neighbour countries.

The nature in Canada is the most beautiful I have ever seen on photo's along with Norway and Greenland. Gotta go there in the future for sure.

In the end, what's wrong with making money/society development from the natural work of mother nature?

I live in Canada. The laws are pretty liberal, but still not what I want. I wanna see full legalization of Marijuana, and I can see it coming soon. :D

PEACE & LOVE

user_1919 a dit:
I live in Canada. The laws are pretty liberal, but still not what I want. I wanna see full legalization of Marijuana, and I can see it coming soon. :D

PEACE & LOVE

How liberal? I assume there is no problem growing cannabis when it's not for making money and you can have a few grams with you without getting busted?
You can see legalization coming soon? Very nice! Within a few years we have legal cannabis in Switzerland and Canada! I hope the other countries will soon follow! (positive thinking)

It depends were you live in Canada. I know in Vancouver, where I will be living soon, is very liberal. I have heard stories of people reporting 'grow ops' and the cops going to bust the house only to find 3 or 4 plants. The cops left empty handed. They also have smoke shops where you can go smoke, but the substance still remains 'illegal'.

PEACE & LOVE

as long as we can get rid of Harpie, who seems to be tightening penalties related to marijuana..

whew!

yes, we need someone in power that wants change on the Marijuana laws. I think most of the citizens in Canada want to see the law changed. Now we just need new PM.

st.bot.32 a dit:
as long as we can get rid of Harpie, who seems to be tightening penalties related to marijuana..

whew!

i second that Harper's stance seems a bit too American. If we can get the right party into power I could definately see complete decriminalization on the horizon

i agree..

if it were up to a democratic vote weed would be legal overnight

as it seems to be only gaining in popularity (meanwhile ciggies are slowly fading down to whatever level they will eventually reach) i agree, unless we end up with a conservative dynasty weed will probably be at the very least decriminalized soon

I have one online acquaintance in British Columbia (Victoria, Vancouver Island) and according her the laws are quite liberal there. Smoking pot is just generally accepted and there are signals for a few years that MDMA is a runner up in the West of Can.

Although the pills are considered as weak or occasionally impure.

Minimum age to enter bars and drink is 19, which makes Americans who ain't 21 yet travelling to there for some nights out.

19 in BC, 18 in pretty much the rest of canada.

go figure.

19 in Ontario. Don't matter, I hate drinking, and am never drinking again...enthogens are my route now. What pisses me off, is it is 19 for tobacco products too, and I cannot even buy a light and papers at the corner store. It is just dumb!

PEACE & LOVE

18 here in the UK - they are considering changing it - I don't care - too many drunk teenagers (even the ones of legal age) who grow up to be drunk adults making asses of themselves on the weekends.

I'm old enough that any change won't effect me personally, and to be honest, alcohol isn't a commodity and a hell of a lot of people would do better if it was taken away.

Retour