• Auteur de la discussion Auteur de la discussion ophiuchus
  • Date de début Date de début
its becoming a religion, which isn't bad, but it isn't good that not all of the zealots understand it.

Very cool article though. I wish i could settle for something that small, but I like collecting things and building things from things so I need a big basement!

huh? i dont get it.

I have nothing against zealous environmental behavior, just as long as it is not a blind "go green!" style. But then I still don't care, it's all good.

yup, sure. I got it after I posted that :rolleyes: :lol:

I would really like to have a large green house + small house + small building like that for tinkering. Or live in a community where all are available :wink:

there's a guy around where I live, he's building yurts and optimising them for european climate, since it's quite different to uzbekistan/kazakhstan/central asia.
it seems a pretty good thing to me, I love the idea of living in a circular room.

http://jurten.heimat.eu/ he's got an english section as well, albeit by far not as detailed. there are some nice pictures in the german sections.

something like this seems awesome as well, a lot more expensive than yurts though
P_vetsch_erdhs.jpg

are you talking about the yurts or the picture?

concerning yurts, according to the guy who runs that website, they cost 70 to 130€ per sqm, compared to normal housing which costs 1300 to 1500 per sqm. and it is getting cheaper.
for heating, I don't know. normal housing usually has gas, oil, long distance heating etc., for a yurt a stove for firewood would probably suffice, albeit you can use the normal heating as well. it doesn't take as long to heat because there are no cold stones around that need to warm up, but you will have to heat continuously because the warmth tends to go away faster.
another big plus point is that in some countries yurts are legally considered tents, which makes things a lot easier and still cheaper.

concerning heating, there's another pretty genious thing: the "Biomeiler" by Jean Pain, I think they call it brown/heating mound in english.
I'll let these videos explain the technique:
part 1:
[youtube]a4jrskze_UU[/youtube]

part 2:
[youtube]aXKvJn8HNoA[/youtube]

there's a plethora of people out there working on new housing solutions, and there's even more information for that kind of stuff, which I'm very grateful for, but it can be overwhelming sometimes :lol:
http://www.thatroundhouse.info/
http://www.simondale.net/house/index.htm
^ cool projects.

edit: roughly translated the upsides of yurts:
" * smallest possible ecological footprint
* no soilsealing
* almost completely compostable
* space energetic healing effect ( ;) ) for inhabitants and surroundings
* energy autarkic
* it's cheap!
* it's easy to build and requires relatively little work
* it's aesthetic! "

I'm completely for those things. my mind right now revolves around the thought/fantasy of living a self-sustainable life. if my father is ok with it (which I think he will be), I have at least 2000sqm of ground to my disposal. it should be enough for a few chickens, maybe a goat and lots and lots of vegetables using permaculture techniques. there's lots of stuff I haven't worked out yet, but I won't give in to the popular idea that it isn't possible or even desirable.

Its just so ideal really
I've never put serious thought into doing something like this until just now and it seems like something that could be really enjoyable and healthy in more ways than one
I'm talking about the way IJC is saying, with chickens and vegies etc. thats a great idea, you could be super self sufficient with just a little effort

If you were to set up in an area where theres a bit of natural wood and fresh water you could go even better for firewood and drinking/cleaning

atm i feel like growing my hair and beard out and going to live in a clearing of some woods :lol:

that biomass guy is insane, but i don't exactly understand how he was getting the methan that he was burnning... he didn't have it encapsulated...

But yeah. I'd like to live off the land completely too - it's just not possible in this country though. SOMEONE will kick you out eventually.

@ijc: he had it encapsulated in the tank in the middle.

@ banana: took me a while to explore the entirety of your post, it's got some awesome information on it.

the biomeiler looks pretty interesting, although it does require a good bit of effort (and cash) to get one of those things operating. you'd need a lot of resources to do it, especially in any kind of efficient time. and they don't mention much of the lifespan of one of those. it's really efficient compared to burning the materials, but is it efficient in terms of the gas/equipment needed to make one when compared to it's lifespan? that's the main concern i see with it, other than that it's totally badass.

i was actually referring to the picture, but it doesn't matter much really because i meant to inquire on both. yurts look cool, but i feel like it might not hold up so well in extreme weather conditions like the wind from some storms... maybe im wrong, i don't know much about them other than the fact they were traditionally used in mongolia. anyone know of the weather patterns in mongolia, or what kind of weather those yurts are made to endure?

it seems to me that the reciframe wooden houses look like they'd be the most sturdy. the also appear more flashy/aesthetically pleasing to me even though the technology is more basic/simplistic in some regards(although they're actually very similar). i could see myself living in one of those

space energetic healing effect ( ;) ) for inhabitants and surroundings

what do you mean by that? i think i might know but im not sure...

that's one of the main problems I see with the biomeiler, to get all the stuff together to get it working. in that video that guy owns a forest, not much of a problem for him, but I don't own one..
these things are said to run for 18 months, so I think it is worth the resources and gas that you need to build it. it's strange they don't mention that.

I think mongolia is mostly dry and cold, not much precipation. but then again I don't really know. according to this guy's yurt website, yurts are very storm safe because they are flexible.

also, I have no idea what he means by "space energetic healing effect", which is why I added the smiley. he builds the yurts according to sacred geometry, that is, he uses certain proportions. I think the main 'healing effect' will stem from living more closely to nature, in a round room, rather than in a rectangular capsule made of cement.

yeah, that's what i thought you were talking about, sacred geometry. what's interesting about it is that all those perfect geometrical shapes really are physically present in the world around us, they have been discovered with electromagnetic detecting devices to be the arrangement of the electromagnetic fields of various things. there is even one around the entire earth. from what i hear, it is still shifting much, trying to reach a more symmetrical and therefore literally "harmonious" state. consciousness is definitely linked to this em field in some ways, as are our physical bodies, which is more obvious.

that's cool though that the huts are of phi, or some other "divine" ratio. i was not aware. on an interesting side note, all of the ancient sites in egypt are linked by divine proportion, even their location on a map follows the path of a phi spiral.

lol at first glance the first picture somehow reminded me of a UFO :shock: :D :lol: :lol:

Nice Information.I have bookmarked your site to learn more. Thanks.

Retour